If you want to stay in your own home, but need some help with daily tasks, or require entry level care, this program may be for you
The CHSP provides a range of entry level maintenance, support and care services that are flexible, timely and respond to the needs of clients.
CHSP services provided in the community may include:
- social support – social activities in a community-based group setting;
- transport – helps people get out and about for shopping or appointments.
CHSP services provided at home may include:
- domestic assistance – household jobs like cleaning, clothes washing and ironing;
- personal care – help with bathing or showering, dressing, hair care etc.;
- home maintenance – minor general repair and care of your house or yard, for example, changing light bulbs or replacing tap washers;
- home modification – minor installation of safety aids such as alarms in your home;
To find out if you are eligible for a CHSP package you can contact us or go to www.myagedcare.gov.au or call the national contact centre on 1800 200 422.