Renumeration: 6.1 SCHADS Award
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Support workers and internal HR Team
Employment: 76 hours per fortnight
Conditions: Two year contract
We are looking for an experienced human resource manager who will be responsible for the operational delivery of HR services and support to all employees across our organisation, with a particular focus on retention of our remote team of support workers.
You will identify, develop and implement solutions across a range of HR functions including workforce planning, performance management, employee relations and industrial relations (with strong knowledge and experience with the SCHADS award and other industrial instruments).
- Develop and maintain strategies for recruitment and retention of our team of support workers.
- Positively build effective, collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, drive engagement, motivate staff and influence culture.
- Work closely with the other HR team members in their roles of recruiting, selecting, inducting, training and coaching our support workers around Tasmania.
- Conduct interviews & prepare employment contracts for all staff as required.
- Assist in reviewing, updating and maintaining all HR & WHS procedures and policies.
- Responsible for worker compensation claims and return to work plans.
- Relevant qualifications and experience with demonstrated knowledge of employment law, compensation, employee and industrial relations, safety, training, and best practices (a working knowledge of aged care and associated programs and funding guidelines is an advantage).
- Ability to achieve and maintain our staff retention rate at the level set by the Board.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build effective relationships and communicate with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated hands-on, practical and creative approach to problems and ability to ‘think outside the square’.
- Flexible work ethic and resilience to meet varying workload demands of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, discretion and sensitivity to the confidentiality of personal information.
- High level computer skills, extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
A position description can be downloaded to the right of the page.
Please send your application including cover letter, addressing they key selection criteria and resume to Shirralea.Holman@cct.org.au